Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Stauffer Fam

This post starts off with a shocker, I went to Enrichment meeting. If you know of my past experiences with Relief Society, you'll realize what a big step this was for me. One of the women who I used to work with in the Nursery was giving a lesson on family history, and she guilted me into coming.
I've actually been thinking about getting into family history for awhile. My friend Heidi is religious about it, and she has some great stories. Also the show "Who Do You Think You Are?" makes me laugh. I think its funny how big of a deal they make on what seems pretty mundane processes to us mormons. Anyway, Enrichment meeting. We learned about the new.familysearch.org website, and when I got home Dalan was (of course) working in the garage. I decided to poke around and see what I could find. My direct lineage chart was missing a major link, none of my Grandmother's information was listed, so the entire Stauffer line was unavailable.
One quick call to my dad, and I discovered that my Grandmother's parent's were Glenn Harold, and Irma Irene. Just locating that small piece of information linked an entire line to my family.
The Stauffer line now goes back further than any of my other family lines, all the way to 1530.
Its pretty crazy, I assumed that all of my family history was mostly done, but in just 20 minutes I was able to add some information that helped complete this information for all kinds of relatives I didn't even know I had.

1 comment:

Jim and Britanie Miller said...

That is pretty cool- What to be Ash! JIM