Friday, November 6, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
I am super excited! We are going to try and get Tobey and Scout to sleep together in the puppy-box that Dalan built. I think that this will definitely help convince them.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
So I stumbled across this on awkwardfamilyphotos.com.
Awkward Family Story: The Thanksgiving Letter
As you all know a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner does not make itself. I need to ask each of you to help by bringing something to complete the meal. I truly appreciate your offers to assist with the meal preparation.
Now, while I do have quite a sense of humor and joke around all the time, I COULD NOT BE MORE SERIOUS when I am providing you with your Thanksgiving instructions and orders. I am very particular, so please perform your task EXACTLY as I have requested and read your portion very carefully. If I ask you to bring your offering in a container that has a lid, bring your offering in a container WITH A LID, NOT ALUMINUM FOIL! If I ask you to bring a serving spoon for your dish, BRING A SERVING SPOON, NOT A SOUP SPOON! And please do not forget anything.
All food that is to be cooked should already be prepared, bring it hot and ready to serve, warm or room temp. These are your ONLY THREE options. Anything meant to be served cold should, of course, already be cold.
The Mike Byron Family
1. Turnips in a casserole with a lid and a serving spoon. Please do not fill the casserole all the way up to the top, it gets too messy. I know this may come as a bit of a surprise to you, but most of us hate turnips so don’t feel like you a have to feed an army.
2. Two half gallons of ice cream, one must be VANILLA, I don’t care what the other one is. No store brands please. I did see an ad this morning for Hagan Daz Peppermint Bark Ice Cream, yum!! (no pressure here, though).
3. Toppings for the ice cream.
4. A case of bottled water, NOT gallons, any brand is ok.
The Bob Byron Family
1. Green beans or asparagus (not both) in a casserole with a lid and a serving spoon. If you are making the green beans, please prepare FOUR pounds, if you are making asparagus please prepare FIVE pounds. It is up to you how you wish to prepare them, no soupy sauces, no cheese (you know how Mike is), a light sprinkling of toasted nuts, or pancetta, or some EVOO would be a nice way to jazz them up.
2. A case of beer of your choice (I have Coors Light and Corona) or a bottle of clos du bois chardonnay (you will have to let me know which you will bring prior to 11/22).
The Lisa Byron Chesterford Family
1. Lisa as a married woman you are now required to contribute at the adult level. You can bring an hors d’ouvres. A few helpful hints/suggestions. Keep it very light, and non-filling, NO COCKTAIL SAUCE, no beans of any kind. I think your best bet would be a platter of fresh veggies and dip. Not a huge platter mind you (i.e., not the plastic platter from the supermarket).
The Michelle Bobble Family
1. Stuffing in a casserole with a serving spoon. Please make the stuffing sans meat.
2. 2.5-3 qts. of mashed squash in a casserole with a lid and serving spoon
3. Proscuitto pin wheel - please stick to the recipe, no need to bring a plate.
4. A pie knife
The June Davis Family
1. 15 LBS of mashed potatoes in a casserole with a serving spoon. Please do not use the over-size blue serving dish you used last year. Because you are making such a large batch you can do one of two things: put half the mash in a regulation size casserole with lid and put the other half in a plastic container and we can just replenish with that or use two regulation size casserole dishes with lids. Only one serving spoon is needed.
2. A bottle of clos du bois chardonnay
The Amy Misto Family (why do I even bother she will never read this)
1. A pumpkin pie in a pie dish (please use my silver palate recipe) no knife needed.
2. An apple pie in a pie dish, you can use your own recipe, no knife needed.
Looking forward to the 28th!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
August 2009 Mission Trip
The World Race
11 countries in 11 months: Israel, Ireland, Egypt, Thailand, Uganda.
Feed orphans, heal the blind, give hope to prostitutes. Be Christ.
Although I did have a good hearty chuckle after reading the surprising punch line, I found I did feel prompted to click on this advertisement. Not because of any hidden ambitions to be give hope to prostitutes, but more-so because I was curious what type of company would advertise this way, and if it was a large and respected company did they have any idea what their facebook advertising said?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Chronicles of Narnia
A Train to Potevka
Anne of Green Gables
The Golden Compass
A Wrinkle in Time
The Last Silk Dress
Four Perfect Pebbles
Brighty of the Grand Canyon
I absolutely recommend any of these books whole-heartedly! Each of mine are now so worn they are falling apart, I actually have backups of a few of them for the day that they finally disintegrate. My husband thinks I'm absolutely hopeless and senile, but I beg to differ, I hope a few of you feel the same way about your favorites :)
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
a. Go to Google
b. Type your name and the words "likes to" all in quotation marks. (e.g. "Julie likes to")
c. Report back on the first ten things that come up for your name.
Some of the absolute winners so far have included:
Hannah likes to ..... lie next to what she calls Lisa's "baby arm" and uses Lisa's hook hand -- the one Lisa has named "Alfred"
Hannah likes to ..... go home and play with her ducks
Meg Likes To ..... make me smell things
Steve likes to ..... sleep in the crack.
Steve likes to ..... say boom to insist on how fast his software can react
Ash likes to.....nip toes, so if you buy her be sure to wear socks around her at the very least
Ash likes to.....grow in rich, moist, well-drained soils.
Ashl likes to.....squeeze into things that she obviously cannot fit into
So try this out on yourself, if you get any awesome ones leave me a comment!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Wow, Bob really kicked my butt. The workout was that much harder when the Tobes thought that I had lost it and tried to bark/bite me back into some sort of reality. I really enjoyed the part where I was supposed to be kicking and I got 15lbs extra on my leg from the schnauzer attached to it. She will be locked up tonight when I put myself through this torture once again. I was somewhat sore this morning, but not too bad. The best part was when I was climbing up the stairs to get on the shuttle this morning and I stopped on the first step with a grimace of absolute pain, backing up the entire line, and concerning the bus driver about my well being. The only questions now are why did I subject myself to this pain voluntarily? And are the results really worth it?
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
"Hi! How are you today? You want some pizza? Yummy Yummy Pizza! Its so gooyummy!
Yasuko Brown is her name, and she has a goal, to sell 100 pizzas in a day. If you would like to help her reach this goal, and are near Utah State on Thursday February 12, students have decided to support her by buying a slice of pizza from 11 - 3.
Why not? Its so gooyummy!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Meg and I took some pictures of absolutely adorable baby Kate today. She was so well behaved that even Meg admitted having her as offspring could be enjoyable. Here are a couple pictures from todays shoot.
And no I did not doctor her eyes on this one, they are actually that beautiful.
Let me also take this time to let everyone know we are going to be doing a couple of free photo shoots. I wanted to let friends and family know first before I inform my photography blog readers. So if you interested contact me soon! For kids we are going to be doing pictures like baby Kate's and if anyone older is interested in some new portraits we are needing individual models for an outdoor shoot here in a couple weeks.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I can however foresee 2 possible problems, one being her nasty coarse schnauzer hair, and two she can be a little surly in front of the camera.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
So Hannah left for England last week, but I'm having a hard time missing her since she watches me work everyday. I would think there are a lot more fun adventures awaiting in England, but she lovingly chooses to spend her time with me. I get to see Hannah away from work too, well not quite, but her namesake did come with us to IKEA last weekend. And look how much fun we had!
On a different note I have decided to join Meg in participating in project 365, in which we will take a picture every day for a year. Hopefully this will help make me a better photographer, and give me more to blog about :).